BTR-Logo-110px.png

News

Warning - Head Torch Explodes

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

There was a very worrying revelation last night on "fake britain" about cheap rechargeable head torches exploding. In the program last night a lady runner took her head torch off and placed it on her car seat, and only seconds later it exploded showering her and her car in parts of the battery. Luckily she was not hurt, however had it gone off on her head the outcome could have been horrific. 

 

The brand of the batteries inside were "Ultra Fire"  they are larger than the usual AA batteries, about the size of your thumb. 

Once again it sounds like Rechargeable Lithium batteries were to blame, NOT the usual disposable AAA batteries.  

 

There are more cases of the torches exploding elsewhere too and there is an article her from the fire brigade.

https://www.cambsfire.gov.uk/news-and-incidents/exploding-head-torch-1646.aspx  

Share on Facebook
Please reload

Featured Posts *

Trail Run Association + Secondary Domain name

September 5, 2019

As we have decided not to become an affiliated club, thus keeping the club costs down, you may be interested in the Trail Running Association which of...

1/10
Please reload

Recent Posts

December 1, 2019

September 18, 2019

September 3, 2019

May 18, 2019

April 26, 2019

Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square